Welcome!

O hey! Welcome to my travel blog, 'Cara's Up, Up and Away!' One of my great loves in life is travel. In my blog, I will write about my adventures here, there and everywhere! 'Up, up and away' is my Dad's favourite saying. He excitedly shouts this out any time a trip is imminent. It is a phrase that I always associate with happy memories so it is very appropriate to name this blog after Dad's catchphrase.

I hope you enjoy my blog.

Cara x


Places I've Been

Sunday 30 March 2014

Let's Goa!!

Sunset on Palolem Beach
Everyone dreams of a beach getaway. Cool blue water lapping the golden shore, palm trees stretching up to the azure blue sky and beach huts nestled amongst the palms. I found this paradise in Palolem Beach in South Goa.Palolem Beach is a tranquil contrast to the much busier beach resorts in Goa. It is a secluded beach located between two headlands. 

In the shade of the leafy palm trees, the beach lover can find small beach huts erected from bamboo. Most of the beach huts are en suite with beds draped in mosquito nets. 
Quaint little beach huts.
Waking up in these modest cabins and listening to the waves crashing on the shore immerses the traveller in a deep-seated feeling of relaxation which for me, was an unexpected delight in India. We stayed at the Hi Tide Coco Huts where the accommodating staff made us feel very welcome and were only too delighted to share this paradise with us.
The water is very clear and shallow for about 100 metres out making it very safe for swimming.On top of the head land, is the best place to enjoy the colourful Goan sunset. Here, a small restaurant perched on the rock, one can sample fresh seafood like shark and calamari. The night life in this area is relaxed and confined to the small beach shacks but for me it was a refreshing escape from the more commericalised resorts.
Ambling along the beach, you can find places to rent kayaks and snorkeling equipment at a very reasonable price. Bamboo shacks selling cool beverages, like their local beer Kingfisher, are plentiful and welcomed on the hot Goan beach.

Early morning swim
Palolem Beach is one of the most peaceful and relaxing beach memories I have. It truly is one of Goa's best kept secrets. A serene Shangri La, sheltered by the palms and caressed by the sea. 



No comments:

Post a Comment